Mr. Chuan Chavanich, founded Chavanich Company, Ltd. in 1944 and the shophouse he was renting in Talat Noi near Sieng Kong, was too small to accommodate the post-war trade. He needed more space to store large quantities of raw materials before exporting them to the United States. Having heard that Nai Lert didn’t want the land which the Japanese had occupied, he had expressed his own interest in it, and when the time was right he and his wife Manee bought this land along with the warehouses.
They also hired “Mr. Meng” to build the Chavanich Building as the company’s office. It is still located at house number 48, Captain Bush Lane, (Soi 30, Charoenkrung Road).